Find a job where your skills and hard work will be appreciated.
Debbie's Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62435/logos/square.png https://www.debbiesstaffing.com https://www.debbiesstaffing.com USD 30.00 HOUR true
Warwick, RI 02886 US
Posted: 02/14/2023 2023-02-14 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Administrative Job Number: AT466449210 Pay Rate: 30.00
Debbie’s Staffing is seeking an experienced Buyer in Warwick, RI!
Position hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Pay Range is $25-$35 per hour, depending on experience.
The Buyer will be responsible for supplier management, sourcing, new program support, and procurement (including cost negotiation, cost reduction, quality, on-time delivery, and customer compliance) of component parts and finished goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but is not limited to:
- Identify multiple suppliers based on criteria such as price, capacity, geographic location, performance (on-time delivery, quality), cost structure, size of the organization, and buying power.
- Involve Quality and Engineering departments to qualify suppliers to ensure they meet company standards.
- Develop alternative volume and delivery terms to capitalize on market rates, volume discounts, and efficiency gains.
- Conduct supplier measurements that identify supplier performance to determine if the proper supplier base is being utilized.
- Work with suppliers to improve deficiencies to improve overall performance. Work closely with Quality, Engineering, and Production to identify possible resolutions.
- Develop alternative suppliers to support a change from poor-performing suppliers.
- Negotiate and execute supplier contracts in accordance with company terms and conditions.
- Develop RFQ and submit to suppliers to identify suppliers to start formal negotiations.
- Keep informed of trends in the commodities markets to identify market rate decreases and renegotiate pricing based on market pricing. (Price Point Variance, cost reduction)
- Complete negotiations to determine price, terms (financial, inventory, delivery…), and specifications to establish standard costs.
- Full understanding of duty rates, tariff rates, treaties, and trade barriers for import to the Americas in order to formulate landed costs that yield required margins.
- Collaborate with suppliers and Engineering to identify ways to reduce costs through alternative methods and materials.
- Track and manage the on-time delivery performance of suppliers in accordance with customers’ expectations and Quality Engineering requirements.
- Manage supply chain including inland and overseas transit times to consistently improve lead times.
- Work with Product Managers and Product Engineering to support new product introductions and cost reductions.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal divisions to establish project calendars to ensure prototype submissions are approved in a timely manner and milestones are met.
- Build and manage capacity planning schedules for suppliers to establish output guidelines.
- Determine needs based on MRP and inventory levels.
- Place and expedite orders to ensure the supplier has received the order and can deliver on the specified due date. Update the system to maintain system integrity.
- Monitor open orders and follow up with suppliers to ensure delivery is on track. Proactively identify issues and work with suppliers to develop alternate solutions.
- Notify the manager of any resolution which may affect (increase) product cost, delivery, quality, capacity planning, and project calendar deviation.
- System integrity
- Adherence to project calendar
- PPV/ Cost reduction
- On-time delivery
- Quality / Compliance / Returns / Chargebacks
- Reduction of E&O of assigned product lines
- Project management/project leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to influence others/negotiate terms.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-starter. Results driven.
- Strong analytical skills/business acumen.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and international teams in diverse cultural environments.
Please send your resume to MEanes@DebbiesStaffing.com for immediate consideration.
You may apply here or online at www.DebbiesStaffing.com. Choose the Pawtucket, RI branch office. Once the application is complete, call 401-721-0901 to schedule an interview.
EOE/Never a Fee