Electrical Maintenance Technician
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications.
Summary: Howmet Structure Systems has an immediate opening for a Electrical Maintenance Technician located at our Martinsville facility.
The Electrician will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain heavy industrial machinery and equipment with a working knowledge of AC/DC motors and controls, Programmable Logic, combustion, metering, air conditioning, power distribution (low and high voltage), conduit and schematics.
- Read electrical schematics to troubleshoot equipment.
- Create job kits for maintenance jobs including repairs, new equipment installation, and preventative maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Ability to work at heights
- Adhere to all safety procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, measuring devices, and test equipment. • Hot Work Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Exercise strong communication skills and being a good team player.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Provide improvement suggestions to increase quality, production, and safety.
- Take ownership of equipment and areas including all housekeeping activities. Drive 6S standards
- Work on tasks outside of the job description as directed by Management for training, emergency relief purposes, production needs or continuous improvements.
*Qualifications for External Candidates
Basic Qualifications / Requirements:
High School diploma or GED
Must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S. without need for sponsorship; Ability to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and follow safety practices and regulations; Must be willing and able to work any shift in a 24/7 operation and overtime including weekends and holidays; Ability to lift at least 50lbs as needed; Must have basic computer skills to create work orders, complete work orders, plan work, identify parts, and locate spare parts using a computerized maintenance management system after training; Must be able to legally operate company motor vehicles and mobile equipment; Must have strong math skills including reading fractions and decimals; Must have strong troubleshooting skills; Basic welding and flame cutting experience with a basic understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics. The position requires an individual to stand, climb, work at heights, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes FR9 clothing, safety glasses, hard hat, and steel toed boots with metatarsal protection, hearing protection and other safety equipment as required. Qualified candidates must be able to pass a background test, physical and drug screen.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
1+ year of electrical maintenance experience with a variety of areas, including AC/DC motors, electrical controls, programmable controllers, 480v power distribution, PLCs, combustion,
Associate's or bachelor’s degree in an applicable field such as industrial maintenance or industrial electricity program
Completion of an approved technical training or apprentice program
Knowledge of National Electric code
Proficiency with basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and applications
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
12 Hour Shifts
Off every other weekend