Find a job where your skills and hard work will be appreciated.
Debbie's Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62435/logos/square.png https://www.debbiesstaffing.com https://www.debbiesstaffing.com USD 90000 135000 YEAR true
Charlotte, NC 28224 US
Posted: 05/08/2023 2023-05-08 2023-06-28 Employment Type: Permanent Industry: Administrative Job Number: AP76719358 Pay Rate: $90000-135000 / year
Debbie’s Staffing is now recruiting for Field Superintendent’s for our client located in Charlotte, NC. These positions are Direct Hires.
Responsible for construction field installation activities with an emphasis on labor productivity, quality and timely installations, and employee morale. This requires close coordination with the Project Manager, Senior Field Supers, and Construction Operations Manager. The position is responsible for job site safety. Directs activities of workers concerned with construction by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Manages 1-2 Asst. Field Supers who supervises approximately 24 each (Total + 48) employees in the Construction project. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Study drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Ensure that an adequate field workforce is maintained on each project through input from Project Managers and/or Construction Operations Manager.
- Monitor field labor productivity to meet job cost budget.
- Monitor and assist in scheduling fabrication shop activities, quality and including ship dates and accuracy of shipments.
- Coordinate project and material need to maintain piping and sheet metal field labor productivity.
- Provide "hands-on" assistance at the job site for field crews to ensure maximum productivity of high quantity field labor tasks.
- Assist on-site field team with the development of work sequence and material needs.
- Provide assistance at the job site with the setting of all equipment, specifically boilers, chillers, pumps, air handling devices, fans, medical gas equipment, and other critical equipment.
- Assist in developing new Field Supers and Asst Field Supers through on-site and classroom training.
- Assist in troubleshooting and service calls on installed systems when required.
- Assist Project Manager and Asst Field Supers in establishing room and board rates, and travel arrangements, if required; with management assistance, ensure vehicle expense budget is met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage up to 1-2 projects.
- Ability to read and interpret documents o Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. o Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schematic form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Associate degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience