General Labor 1st Shift
Danville, VA 24540 US
- Set up
- plan for production activities by getting correct pallet and or carton sizes and preparing proper labels.
- Follow setup procedures for all slitters, bandsaws, die cutter, and other support equipment.
- operate all equipment as necessary.
- Bundle & tie according to specifications
- Ensure orders are prepared to the correct length, width, thickness, bundle amounts, and skid amounts.
- Prepare skids neatly and place label correctly and safely.
- Perform housekeeping duties, including the removal and replacement of full scrap buggies.
- Understand and follow safety requirements, including following proper lock-out/ tag-out procedures and hearing protection.
- Practice safe work habits such as having guards in place.
- Follow proper emergency procedures.
- Follow proper lifting techniques.
- Read and understand MSDS.
- Wear cut resistant gloves when operating ANY saws.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure (This is a MUST)
- Ability to read the specifications of an order.
- Ability to stand continually for 8-12 hours a day.
- Ability to bend, twist, and lift repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds periodically.
- Ability to complete production sheets.
- Learn to setup equipment.
- Near 20/20 vision in both eyes.