Find a job where your skills and hard work will be appreciated.
Human Resource Associate
Winston Salem, NC 27107 US
Debbie’s Staffing is now recruiting for Human Resource Associate, for our client located in Winston- Salem NC. This is a temp-to-hire position.
Pay rate: $25.00 - $26.50/hr.
Assist in the food bank’s mission of advancing hunger free communities in the 18-counties of Northwest
North Carolina by providing human resources related support to staff. Act as a payroll and benefits liaison for
all team members, provide back-up support as needed to the Guest Services team and assist the VP – Human
Resources & Organizational Development as needed.
- Establish and maintain healthy and positive working relationships with all SHFB team members.
- Responsible for remaining up to date on and following employment laws, and SHFB policies and procedures.
- Complete payroll for all SHFB staff on a bi-weekly schedule and at additional times when necessary.
- Assist all team members as needed with questions regarding the HRIS, benefits, and payroll.
- Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation, along with completing the e-verify process for new hires.
- Complete onboarding of new employees, e.g., email, background checks, drug screens, first day welcome packet, etc. – including completion of the DOT process for drivers.
- Conduct new employee orientation for all Manager level and under positions.
- Along with supervisor, serve as co-chair of the Engagement Committee responsible for event planning and execution.
- Responsible for assisting injured team members, processing accidents and injury reports and assisting in filing workers compensation claims as requested.
- Represents SHFB in a professional manner at all assigned meetings, recruiting fairs, etc.
- Prioritizes one-on-one with supervisor, team huddles, and other departmental meetings.
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Provide regular assistance to and complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with payroll, and human resources responsibilities in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task and move to and from various aspects of the job quickly while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Human Resources certification a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, and Internet browser.
- Experience using Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software. Administrator level experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality discussing sensitive information with others only as directed by the VP of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to work rare evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have own transportation and be able to run errands as required.
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand work related documents.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to actively listen.
- Ability to teach/train others.
- Ability to work independently while also as a team player.
- Must be able to independently move about the office, warehouse, and Providence program locations.
- Must be able to make and receive telephone calls.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 15lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to operate standard office machines – fax, copier, keyboard, calculator, paper cutter, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge for future use.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.