Debbie’s Staffing has an amazing opportunity for an Experienced Inspector with our valued client in Danville, VA! We are seeking a motivated individual to fill this Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire position. This is a dynamic role that could require more than 50% of time spent on the plant floor, interacting with fellow employees, and government representatives.
Salary: $18-$23 per Hour depending on experience
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm
The successful candidate will be able to program and run a bridge-style CNC coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and/or Faro portable CMM to measure complex, tight-tolerance machined parts. The candidate will also be familiar with and able to skillfully use various handheld measuring devices such as tape measures, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, hardness testers, bore gauges, thread gauges, and other precision measurement devices. Performing gauge calibration and record-keeping will also be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and customer specifications and requirements.
- Program and run CNC CMM or Faro portable CMM. Need to be able to create proper alignments of complex parts.
- Perform in-process inspections/audits at individual workstations.
- Perform final product and assembly inspections and tests.
- Perform first-piece inspection, when required, for very complicated parts.
- Inspect vendor-supplied items for purchase order compliance.
- Perform gauge calibrations and maintain log documenting calibrations.
- Perform internal audits per AS9100 quality system requirements.
- Always adhere to Safety policies and procedures.
- An Associate's degree or equivalent technical school training, or greater than 3 years’ experience with CMMs.
- 4-5 years of Inspection experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the AS9100 quality system is desirable.
- Familiarity with DoD/Mil specifications and processes desirable.
- Climb, squat, and stand on your feet for long periods of time. Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Have questions or need more information? Please call us at 434-836-1333 and a Staffing Specialist will be happy to assist you!
EOE/Never a Fee