Laminator- Machine Operaor 2nd Shift
Winston Salem, NC 27105 US
Debbie's Staffing is looking for a Laminator for our client located in Winston Salem, NC.
Hours: Monday-Friday 2:45pm-11:00pm
Pay rate: $17.50/hr. Weekly Pay!
Please apply online at www.debbiesstaffing.com and select the Winston Salem Industrial office. Once registered, please give our office a call at 336-776-1717.
Safely execute the operation of lamination / film manufacturing equipment, to ensure production of material are within acceptable specification parameters in an efficient manner.
· Responsible for conformance of all safety, and good housekeeping procedures.
· Responsible for active participation in Safety and Process Improvement meetings
· Responsible for the startup, operation, clean up and shut down of the Lamination Film line.
· Maintains and monitors material flow, blending, and drying to supply the production line.
· Maintains the rewind section of the film line.
· Cleans machine, equipment and work area, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids.
· Ensure all equipment and work areas are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition at all times.
· Set up and monitor materials and machinery during production runs to assure that material is made to specification.
· Complete all necessary documentation during and upon completion of production runs as required.
· Disposes of solvents into proper hazardous waste containers.
· Operates Film transfer cart; Responsible for proper staging of material, transfers completed item or product from machine to the staging area, using the electric film transfer cart.
· Utilizing the LN System, generates labels and affixes them on W-I-P and/or finished product.
· Verifies correct material and methods are being utilized; verifies quality and reports issues/defects to Supervisor.
· Accurately reports production related data.
· Observes gauges and adjusts controls of machine to regulate functions, such as speed and temperature, pressure, according to all specifications.
· Promotes worker safety by:
o Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
o Stressing safe working practices as a condition of employment to associates.
o Assisting in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
o Participating actively on the plant-wide safety team.
o Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
· Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
o Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
o Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
o Identifying and correcting, if possible, any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
o Participating in system or quality-based training provided by the company or recommended by the company.
· Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP) by:
o Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations.
o Participating in CIP teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management.
o Participating in CIP training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement.