Midland, NC 28107 US
1st Shift - $15.00/hr.
Job Description Summary
- Ensuring that proper labels are used on product
- Placing each package in correct shipping cartons
- Ensures the yarn being put up on creels for each machine is correct in all regards (type, denier, color, lot color and quality). Anywhere yarn can be tied up, it needs to be tied up.
- Monitor knitting machines in use; perform quality checks on machines and material that include checking for bad needles, sinkers, replacing if necessary and checking for holes or any vertical or horizontal lines. If machine is not running properly the knitter must write the machine number and problem on the Mechanics Board to be repaired.
- Fix yarn breaks and cut outs as they occur.
- Doff knitted material in a timely manner to minimize equipment down time, inspect all goods produced while doffing to check for defects in material; perform quality checks on machines and materials.
- Each roll produced must have correct operator name/product/machine label placed inside cone. If running product that goes directly into a packing box, be sure box is properly labeled.
- Wipes clean each machine towards the end of your shift at a minimum; keep work area clean and free of oil and debris (this includes the floor area).
- Monitoring and doffing knitting machines
- Visual Quality Inspections
- Maintaining clean work area