Martinsville, VA 24112 US
- Schedules corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance work.
- Leads and participates in system programming and troubleshooting on the shop floor.
- Performs engineering duties that requires judgment and the application of standard electrical and mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Investigates/trouble shoots technical problems and help to establish procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Ensures compliance of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs from employees and contractors working onsite and completes all required documentation.
- Supervises direct reports, which include plant mechanical, electrical, and contract technicians.
- Participates in hiring, training, and directing maintenance staff and contractors.
- Manages resources to assure key safety objectives and cost goals are met.
- Provides technical support to maintain and upgrade plant equipment and systems.
- Manages projects and capital budgets to achieve goals, which include setting timelines, reliability/throughput metrics and cost commitments for the project.
- Utilizes and owns the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS - Llumin).
- Uses data and stability tools (LEAN, 6Sigma, TPM, 5S, OEE) to reduce unplanned downtime and implement continuous improvement actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Qualifications for Internal Candidates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Electronic Engineering and a minimum of five years of experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment or combination of degree and equivalent experience in understanding and using:
- Hydraulic schematics
- Electrical schematics
- Mechanical schematics
- PLC Ladder logic
- Demonstrated leadership skills, training capabilities and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of OHSA and other State and Federal regulatory agencies’ rules and regulations.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to troubleshoot and offer maintenance expertise as the need arises (location is a 24/7 operation).
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.