Danville, VA 24540 US
- Create Safe, Robust, Repeatable, and well-documented setups for parts/programs on various CNC machining centers with a focus on first-pass yield.
- Generate and troubleshoot CNC programs for VMCs, HMCs, lathes, bridge mills, horizontal mills, and VTLs.
- Provide training for operators and technicians.
- Create and define process standards and then support Operations to ensure these standards are attained.
- Coordinate with Production Control to ensure accuracy of routings, standards, and process instructions in ERP system.
- Participate in Risk process analysis and propose appropriate recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Use standard Lean tools and processes to facilitate improvements on the manufacturing floor.
- Manage Change Control for process and equipment improvements.
- Manage CAP-EX process. Justify the removal of old equipment. Research best options, including new technology, for new equipment and create justification documentation. Manage purchase, delivery, installation, and start-up of new equipment.
- Adhere to Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- High school diploma/GED required; bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of metals manufacturing engineering experience
- Support of CNC machining activities required.
- Metals fabrication and systems integration desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office suite, CAD and CAD/CAM software)
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Able to operate in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Familiarity with DoD/Mil specifications and processes desirable.