Find a job where your skills and hard work will be appreciated.
Project and Portfolio Manager
Lincolnton, NC 28092 US
Debbie’s Staffing is looking for a project and portfolio manager for a valued client in Lincolnton. NC. This is a direct hire position, please e mail your resume to email@example.com. References are also required. Please review job description below.
Primary Purpose Summary
Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a broad range of consumer product dispensing and material science solutions, is seeking a Manager, Projects, and Portfolio, RPD, Closures.
Reporting to the Director of Regional Product Development, Closures, this leadership position is responsible for proactively managing our stock and custom Project Portfolio process, performance, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. The Manager will be responsible for leading, supervising, developing, and motivating a team of Project Managers, while collaborating and communicating with key project stakeholders to facilitate active risk management and identifying key business drivers to ensure the overall effectiveness and success of our B+H Projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead regional team of Project and Program managers to identify goals, set plans, and successfully execute project activities.
- Ensure that projects result in products which meet Customer, Marketing and Company’s requirements using personal skills and industry knowledge.
- Ensure that the specific needs and constraints of the Company's Operations group are effectively addressed during project execution.
- Serves as a vital and effective communication link between Customers and cross-functional/cross-divisional Team.
- Share and prepare reporting to be discussed with senior stakeholders e.g. KPI and progress reporting, resource availability, portfolio bottlenecks.
- Supervises, guides, coaches, and develops team members to continually enhance performance.
- Independently interface effectively with Customers, Suppliers, and Company’s Operations group on team, project, and technical matters.
- Ability to drive problem solving activities to deliver unique solution to project, vendor, and customer challenges.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customers, Suppliers, and other relevant sources to identify research, develop and apply new technology to products and processes.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving, continuous improvement and change management skills.
- Drive, support and adhere to all system procedures and Company policies / procedures.
- Drive APPM process methodology, Project Management in Planisware, and accurate and timely data inputs and reporting.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow all safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Manufacturing, Plastics, Rigid Packaging, or technical area of expertise).
- Project Management Certifications from PMI or equivalent a plus.
- At least 12 years working experience in packaging systems.
- At least 7 years in Project Management of complex projects.
- Management and development of people.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers.
- Demonstrated oral and written/technical document creation and presentation skills.
- Ability to take responsibility and team performance by setting goals, seeking feedback, and taking actions to develop a team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in scoping, driving, and managing projects using systematic methodologies and processes.
- Experience in injection molding along with managing the development, testing and installation of related equipment used in the manufacturing of consumer-packaged goods products.
- Knowledge of company’s Portfolio and Project Management (APPM) process and Planisware software or equivalent.
- LEADING OTHERS
- Establishing Focus: The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to work together cooperatively.
- Managing change: Demonstrating support for process changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; supporting, initiating, sponsoring, and implementing change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCING
- Customer orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Building collaborative relationships:The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance and support
- PREVENTING AND SOLVING PROBLEMS
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- ACHIEVING RESULTS
- Result orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- SELF MANAGMENT
- Stress management: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required to carry out job requirements.