Quality Assurance Manager
Hudson, MA 01749 US
- Help maintain the quality control program and issue formal product process specifications.
- Assure that quality control is per ISO 9001-2015 and assist in any corrective actions.
- Maintain, review, revise, and create quality procedures as needed.
- Supervise metrology/calibration.
- Confer with management, customers, and other representatives in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and directing of the quality control program following customer requirements, engineering specifications, and production schedules.
- Assign work to Inspectors when the QA Director is not available.
- May serve as a liaison with customers on items of product quality reliability.
- Review military contracts and company purchase orders to ensure all contract requirements flow down to our vendors. Including establishing specific quality provisions
- Working knowledge of Navy Technical Publications -248, -271, -278, and -1688.
- Provide Technical guidance and work in close liaison with Government Sales and Engineering departments on certain assigned programs.
- Be able to answer the inspector’s technical/drawing questions as they arise.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of technical training in the manufacturing process
- 7-10 years of inspection experience with at least five years in the defense industry
- Demonstrated ability to uphold standards and gain cooperation with other departments.
- Experience reading contracts and purchase orders.
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and write quality procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. (with employees, vendors, and customers)
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and attention to detail.
- Problem solver and ability to take initiative.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills