Sewing Department Supervisor
Salisbury, NC 28144 US
Debbie's Staffing is currently recruiting for a Sewing Supervisor for our client in Salisbury, NC!
This opportunity is a Temp to Hire Opportunity!
SHIFT: 6:30am-3:15pm Monday-Friday
PAY RATE: $16-$20 per hour based on experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Register on our website at www.debbiesstaffing.com and then give our office a call at 704-658-0888 between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Must be able to read sewing instructions in order to understand proper assembly of product
- Reviews, designs and reverse engineer current sewing procedures as well as develops new ones
- Oversees inventory management within the department
- Works with Production Manager, Purchasing Agent, Customer Service, and Warehouse staff to ensure timely shipping of products
- Troubleshoot sewing machine failures, as well as routine maintenance
- Be available for all production meetings
- Plan and schedule all Sewing Department production depending on orders and shipping dates
- Be able to be on feet for multiple hours as well as sitting for desk work
- MUST have reliable transportation
- Supervisor experience recommended, including volunteer or civic work
- Does not need sewing experience, but MUST exhibit a willingness to: learn how to operate all machines; learn to troubleshoot each machine type; and gain a general working knowledge of all machines
- Must be able to handle different situations and help resolve product issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency with high attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to learn different aspects in the sewing department