Rocky Mount, VA 24151 US
- Assure that products being produced are safe, legal and with excellent quality. Understand and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting data to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Prepare and enter journal entries; reconcile accounts.
- Prepare cash receipt, deposits, aging statements, reports, and reminders.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings.
- Comply with federal, state, and local procedures and regulations.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Perform backup duties as needed for the Purchasing Department.
- Prepare various sales and delivery reports.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist with fixed asset records and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with cost calculations of inventory.
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks using excellent time management skills.
- Strong computer skills while willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and terminology.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.