Thermoforming Machine Operator
Charlotte, NC 28273
Debbie's Staffing is currently recruiting Extrustion Machine Operators for our client in Charlotte, NC!
This opportunity is Full-Time and Temp to Hire!
SHIFT: 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am on a rotating 2,2,3 schedule. Must be able to work every other weekend.
PAY RATE: $16 for the Trainee Program. $18-$26 per hour if hired directly as an Operator. Placement based on experience. Weekly Pay!
To Apply: Register on our website at www.debbiesstaffing.com and then give our office a call at 704-658-0888 between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Ability to learn and operate all equipment within defined specification without assistance.
- Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and repair any issues immediately if possible.
- Start up and shut down all equipment unassisted.
- Complete job/color changes with minimal scrap.
- Perform adjustments to die.
- Monitor feed and mixing systems for proper operation.
- Correct formulas and rates for each product type.
- Produce each roll to correct width and gauge.
- Complete required documentation and report any quality issues.
- Able to use a fire extinguisher.
- Work with equipment manufacturers to resolve technical problems.
- Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris and in compliance with 5S protocols.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Assist with setup and operation of Thermoforming equipment.
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions.
- Must be a team player.
- To work well with other employees and give help when needed.
- To maintain a good attendance record.
- Be able to work overtime if required.
- Well-rounded knowledge of quality of all products.
- Working knowledge of Extrusion, thermoforming tooling and process.
- Good knowledge of all safety procedures.
- Complete any job task given within reason assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Basic computer literacy (input of data and word documents).
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required. Minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience. Thermoforming/Extrusion experience is preferred. Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills. Must have basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word/Excel or equivalent. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, kneel and crouch.