Reports To: Tooling/Process Manager
Physical Demand Level: Medium
FLSA Status (US only): Hourly
EEO Classification: Operatives
A certified Journeyman Tool Maker who uses machining skills to fabricate components as needed for new tooling, die maintenance and production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study and interpret specifications, such as blue prints, sketches, models, or descriptions, to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Fabricate/machine components.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly, using fixtures, surface plate, hand tools, and power tools.
- Communicate with co-workers and manager to receive instructions and activities.
- Lift machined parts manually or using hoist, and position and secure parts on surface plate or work table, using devices such as vises, angle plates, V-blocks.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and write in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
Ability to apply basic reasoning skills. Ability to understand carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands/arms; lift and/or lower; push and/or pull; and use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or finely manipulate objects. The employee is occasionally required to cut/trim, carry, crouch/squat, sit, kneel, lift overhead, twist/turn, bend, work in an awkward position, and talk. The employee must frequently lift/move and/or push/pull up to 10 to 25 lbs/kg and occasionally lift/move and/or push/pull up to 20 to 70 lbs/kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Use of vision correction is acceptable, if necessary; however, any vision correction apparatus must meet all safety guidelines for the area of activity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 5 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, and completion of a formal apprenticeship.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to sound, light or a picture when it appears.
- Ability to think ahead.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work with associates, customers and subcontractors.
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues and determine resources needed
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read this job description and fully understand the requirements set forth herein. I understand that this is to be used as a guide and that I will be responsible for performing other duties as assigned. I further understand that this job description does not constitute an employment contract with NN, Inc. and is not intended to interfere with or modify the at-will employment relationship.
_________________________________ _________________________________ ________________
Printed Name Signature Date
List of Revisions:
(UNCONTROLLED IF PRINTED)
https://nninc.sharepoint.com/HR/HR-Team-Site/Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions - Wellington/Truck Driver local_NNformat.doc